Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi jessek,
Do you have a wiring diagram for a 1979 pantera?
I just picked one up for a $100 and I need to rewire it. I jumped it off a battery and it fired right up so i'm excited to get it wired up so everything works.
If you do, I'll email you so you can send it. I should be able to help you with it.
thanks,
green

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could use information on how to repair the starter for my sled. The rope would not recoil and I took it apart but cannot find any broken parts. The recoil spring has both ends on it as I've looked at a new replacement but I'm unable to get it back together. Any help in understanding how this goes together would be great.

Thanks,

TerryS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am working on a 1987 Arctic Cat Cougar. The engine is a 1987 Arctic Cat Spirit. Info: Am50A3 500f/c 0662-031. Sled has sat for about 4 years. Got it home and had it running with starting fluid. Replaced all the cracked gas lines figuring I was ready to go. Then found I was getting intermittent spark, then no spark.

I would like to do resistance tests on the various ignition parts, but I only have data and procedures for snowmobiles from 1990 and up.

When I rotate the magneto I am getting 12 volts AC from the ignition coil going to the CDI. I am reading 12 volts DC going from the CDI to the high tension coil, and still have no spark. I have tried new spark plugs.

When testing the high tension coil for resistance we are getting .3 ohms between the primary wires and 6300 ohms between secondary wires. Could you provide me with technical specs and testing procedures for the 1987 Cat???

Thanks,
87CatMan

·
Registered
404 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grunsel @ Feb 28 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have 1985 Cougar...
Problem with no spart. I have replaced coil (used) and new CDI.

I need resistance or test procedures for charging coil/stator.

Help.... I dunno
Thanks
Dave Beveridge
[email protected][/b]
i could use this info too if that is a Suzuki cdi system

·
Registered
158 Posts
That service manual wouldn't happen to have any illustrations to hook up an electric start kit for a '72 Puma 440 would it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TerryS @ Feb 18 2007, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I could use information on how to repair the starter for my sled. The rope would not recoil and I took it apart but cannot find any broken parts. The recoil spring has both ends on it as I've looked at a new replacement but I'm unable to get it back together. Any help in understanding how this goes together would be great.

Thanks,

TerryS[/b]
If you go to the arctic cat offical website they have diagrams on most of the original components as long as its not a transplanted engine, I know that they have complete break downs of recoils, I had to replace my recoil and it showed step by step how to take apart/put together

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, I have a 79 Jag 3000 F/C and I am looking for a Wiring diagram for it. I would also like to know how to test the CDI. Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
how about the wiring for a 83 trail cat 3000/4000

·
Registered
19 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kyot @ Jan 3 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck909 @ Jan 2 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how about the wiring for a 83 trail cat 3000/4000[/b]
That would be a very rare sled
[/b][/quote]

really? i didnt know that .... i think its jest how the cdi is wired .. looks wrong to me. iv seen a few of these sleds around but their not going cheap tho. it has a kawi engine i think engine code is t 1b06 130725

1 - 20 of 92 Posts