Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on a Gorilla 3k Winch off ebay. They offer them with or without the mounting plate. Do I need the mounting plate? I am thinking not but am not sure.

Oh I forgot, this is for my 06 500M

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm abot to purchase one also bucanoles. I was told it will bolt right up to the le bumpers so you don't need one. Are you getting the waterproof 3K or the outback series?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MUDKAT650 @ Jan 31 2007, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm abot to purchase one also bucanoles. I was told it will bolt right up to the le bumpers so you don't need one. Are you getting the waterproof 3K or the outback series?[/b]
I am going to get the waterproof 3k. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Whats the price on those?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have an '06 TRV without the LE bumpers and I didn't need the mounting plate, it mounted right up.
JD

·
Registered
966 Posts
Kan, how long have you had the Gorilla? I've heard mixed reviews and my Warn finally puked out. I never had any trouble with the winch itself, but I've had three contactors give out. These things are $90 a pop and I'm considering the Gorilla at the price mentioned. Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The good thing about the 06 650V2 is the contactor fits under the seat, right in front of the airbox, in an almost weather proof location. Thats were mine is, and it still looks new.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camlocker @ Feb 1 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kan, how long have you had the Gorilla? I've heard mixed reviews and my Warn finally puked out. I never had any trouble with the winch itself, but I've had three contactors give out. These things are $90 a pop and I'm considering the Gorilla at the price mentioned. Sounds like a good deal.[/b]
I just replaced my contactor with a gorilla and so far so good. I siliconed the split in the casing this time, the way I look at it is that I can buy quite a few gorilla contactors for the price of one warn contactor.

I was anxious to get my plow working again, but might relocate the contactor at a later time. They are a slight different size, but it only involved drilling one hole.

·
Registered
295 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camlocker @ Feb 1 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kan, how long have you had the Gorilla? I've heard mixed reviews and my Warn finally puked out. I never had any trouble with the winch itself, but I've had three contactors give out. These things are $90 a pop and I'm considering the Gorilla at the price mentioned. Sounds like a good deal.[/b]

Do you know that there is a recall on all 6 bolt contactors, check out the warn web site.

CONTACTOR RECALL & REPLACEMENT NOTICE
Warn Industries is voluntarily recalling 8 post contactors that were part of winch kits for All Terrain Vehicles and Utility Vehicles (ATV's). Recall involves 2500 - 3500 lb. winch kits.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mgibb @ Feb 2 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do you know that there is a recall on all 6 bolt contactors, check out the warn web site.

CONTACTOR RECALL & REPLACEMENT NOTICE
Warn Industries is voluntarily recalling 8 post contactors that were part of winch kits for All Terrain Vehicles and Utility Vehicles (ATV's). Recall involves 2500 - 3500 lb. winch kits.[/b]
Yes but most contactors on Arctic Cat bikes are supplied by Arctic Cat and not Warn... If you bought an aftermarket kit it is probably recalled, if you bike came with a winch from factory it is probably not recalled. There have been many posts on this topic.

How many Cat riders have got recall notices? A lot of Polaris guys I ride with have got the notices, but not anyone that has a Cat that I ride with has.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts