Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the LE bumpers and was wondering if the gorilla winch will bolt up to the bumper, or if I need to buy a model specific mounting plate?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya. The LE looks the same as the stock one as far as the mounting holes so that will work out good. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Sanny, they do? I was looking a couple weeks ago and they didnt have them on there website. I think venow was the only one who did that werent expensive.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
They JUST added it. I told them they needed to, showed them pics of me and some others from our spring ride, and they sprung into action. So I guess you could say that A-Chat members caused this to happen. :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Todd, what do the waterproof ones run? Dad's looking to get one.
JD

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It looks identical to the previous models that werent water proof.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya. Thats what I was thinking to. Gorilla Winches now have an arcticchat screen name so maybe they can tell us the difference between the 2.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought the waterproof venom and it is identicle to the Warn 3000XT, the only real difference I can see is that the motor housing and screws that hold the motor together have gaskets on them.

I have had mine for two months and have had no problems so far. I use it regularly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone find out what the difference is between thwe waterproof and not. If the non- waterproof one get under water will that void the warrenty. How much water do you go through to need a waterproof winch?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You won't void the warranty I don't think. However, the waterproof one will keep the junk out of the motor housing better. Any moisture that gets in there will corrode the contacts and magnets in there and cause failure. If you just splash the winch with water, you may or may not get moisture in the housing. However, if you hit some deeper mud/water pits, water will inevitably get into the housing. The winch isn't really mounted all that high, so if you go in water even half way up your wheels, you're going to get a lot of water on that winch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts