Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, and thanks for a great site. I have learned a lot in a few weeks of lurking...I bought an '06 400 Auto/Camo machine after much research...thanks to many of you for pointing me in that direction!

I took a lot of your advice, saved a ton of $$$, and bought a Gorilla Winch...everything seemed very straight forward until I got to the switch wiring. What is that little red wire poking out of the black covered harness that comes from the rocker switch??? Is that supposed to go to ground? Should I drill and bolt to the frame??

Thanks again for this site, it has answered a lot of questions for me. Hopefully after a couple of years I will be sharp enough on Cats to help out noobies too. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Welcome aboard man. That is actually to be tied into a 12V lead. There is a 2 prong accessory plug on your machine that you can tie into. It doesn't matter if it's 12V constant hot or 12V ignition controlled. However, I prefer to have it tied with the ignition so that if something goes haywire, you can shut the switching off by shutting the ATV down. The accy plug should be in the front of your machine, under the plastic somewhere. It's there...just gotta find it. That should be ignition controlled.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks Sanny. I am headed out there now...so how will I know that I found it? If it is a 2 prong setup, don't I have 2 "male" parts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy smokes, I have taken each fender liner off, the top storage piece, the pod plastic...and I am coming up empty. Can anyone help a little more, or a pic or something? This can't be this hard, got to be missing something...thanks for your help.

Toby

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
its right under the plastic piece that covers the front of the steering shaft on the front fender. is probably tucked away i had to do some searching too. thats what i used for my 12v supply.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
nope. its right under your nose. if you pull that cover youll see 2 black metal tabs that old in all of the wiring and cables its stuffed in there. or should be

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is exactly where it was on my wife's '06 400. You have to pull two of the plastic rivits under the pod but then the plate pops right off. If you want to get real fancy, Autozone (Or most parts stores) have a connector that plugs right into it. It is also switch controlled so you don't have to worry about your winch being powered all of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts