Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you really need to use the mounting plate supplied with the gorilla winch on a 2006 400i arctic cat?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I believe your Cat already has the mounting plate welded into the frame if I'm not mistaken (which I may be). The Gorilla one is just a generic that may work if you don't have a mount already. It won't work on all ATV's though (ie...Polaris 600efi...)

·
Registered
49 Posts
all the newer cats have a mounting plate from factory but what i have been hearing is that if you use the gorilla plate on top of factory you get the added strenth of the two seems logical if your worried about it but if you bend it i dont think you should be doing that lol

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The Gorilla Winch will mount right behind the bumper... the plate is welded on... the only time you'd have to add a plate is if the winch bolts down differently than the Warn or warn clone... Gorilla is pretty similar to a Warn...
I think my dealer told me that ramsey and superwinch were slightly different ... I don't remember

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.