Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so its new years eve, around 6:00pm. ive had my 04 YZ250F MX bike for sale for $2700 for a few days, and i get a call from a guy who offers to trade me his 01 Mountain cat 600 efi. so he comes over and we do the deal the next day. the problem is.... the sled is perfect! it seems that i did a trade $800 in my favor. ive been running the sledand it runs amazingly and its got a brand new 2" track, the hood and seat are flawless. is there anything I should watch out for? the sled only has 1800 miles on it!

·
Registered
706 Posts
He's getting the better deal. Your trading a 04' for a out dated 01' mtn cat. You could go to any number of cat dealers in Maine get a better deal. They are sitting on so many sleds right now it's not even funny. my2cents

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno about that... the bike is 3 years old itself and been raced and the sled is mint. everyone who ive talked to has said that I got a killer deal. and its snowmobile season (sorta)...i looked both of them up on NADA and it says the bike was worth around 2700 and the sled is around 3500.

but then again... i dont know anything about arctic cats

reguardless of who got ripped off by how much; is there anything i should be looking out for on these sleds? ive always had ski doos and ive never had an EFI sled....

it runs great.. shifts smooth and picks the skis up no problem. it has a sno-stuff can and sounds really good. i looked it over pretty good but i really dont know what to look for on these sleds

·
Registered
62 Posts
If it feels right you should do it. If you think your getting good deal then do it. Its a good sled with low mileage for its year. Which tells me he never really rode that sled. It is rare to have a dealer willing to to give you money back on a trade. You could always take your bike to a dealer and see what sleds they have to offer and trade if off there as well. Keep in mind that the only people that need to be satified with this deal is you and the guy with the sled.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MCat600 @ Jan 3 2007, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
so its new years eve, around 6:00pm. ive had my 04 YZ250F MX bike for sale for $2700 for a few days, and i get a call from a guy who offers to trade me his 01 Mountain cat 600 efi. so he comes over and we do the deal the next day. the problem is.... the sled is perfect! it seems that i did a trade $800 in my favor. ive been running the sledand it runs amazingly and its got a brand new 2" track, the hood and seat are flawless. is there anything I should watch out for? the sled only has 1800 miles on it![/b]
I had the same sled as that.
It was a good reliable machine with the exception of pins and bushings wear out quickly in the clutch....and the throttle position sensor failed .
Otherwise I added gas and oil and rode it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts