Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I just got back from w Yellowstone after 6 days of riding. Had awesome weather and the snow got great in the afternoon. Never had any problems with my proclimb but seen plenty of tracks of "something other than a proclimb, probably doo" in places where I would of had to leave mine till spring. Granted these were obviously good riders but my proclimb wouldn't of made those tracks for anybody...My first Cat was a 74 cheetah 440 and had them ever since...just snow checked an XM, they look too fun.I dunno

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I just sold one of my cats & bought an XM, and HUGELY prefer it over a proclimb... but to think it will go place the proclimb won't is delusional.

Rider ability.
Period.

All three sleds are pretty darn impressive right now.

As to bearings, around here I'm seeing guys get 6000+ out of the etec's now, that's mountain miles, not trail fairy milesna na. I've always avoided doos because of the motor (and the uselessly horrible handling), and it's still no cat in the reliability dept... but it's WORLDS ahead of the pro.

I LOVE the XM, but if there's somewhere I take it a cat won't go... it's because I'm pretty much awesome & whichever buddy is following me ran out of talent :D :D The new cat is AMAZING in the deeper snow. If you have a 12, I could understand to some extent, but the 13 is HUGELY better. (still handles like an 08 xp in my book though):lol:

Reactions: favoritos

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tracks I saw that really impressed me were on an incline that was climbable but not everyone woulda climbed it, he/she came of about an eight foot cornice and dropped about 15-20 ft, and immeadately went in to about 5 back and forth ski type turns, it wasn't powder but setup spring snow. I was Impressed... thanks kaleb for all the info, I have used a lot of your advice since buying the proclimbs last fall, I am keeping one proclimb and trading an m6 and a proclimb on a 6 and 8 summit..."and I was like, BRAAP"...lol, peace out,

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Yeah... I can't fault you for your choice since I made the same one.

On the downhill turns I might have to agree with you. That's the main place the PC just can't get it dialed imo. I just can't make that sled do what My M can, or what I could do on the XM in about 2 hours.

That's not to say though that someone with more talent than me CAN'T get it done though ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts