Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago me and a buddy both bought new 2009 thundercats. He put new tires on right away and I stuck with the crappy stock tires for the year. I remember once he got his tires he rear diff started slipping and he had to take it back to the shop for a quick fix. I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to get the same thing done to my quad or should I not have to worry about it? Also would you know what size of tires come stock? My quads got 3 feet of snow all around it right now so I dont feel like digging just yet lol. Thanks in advance for any info you guys have.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
It's called the SLD and its quick but not cheap if you pay someone to do it.
25-8-12
25-10-12

Reactions: shadow322

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Putting better tires on it might help the SLD fail faster, but it'll fail anyway. Mine went during the first year, while I still had the stock tires on it. The replacement must be better because even after switching to the Bighorns it's still fine.

Reactions: shadow322

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should I get someone to weld it or should I get the delete kit? I know pretty much dick all about quads. My quad is stock right now only difference will be going from 25's to 27's.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
The kit I would say its easy to do yourself and I'm not sure you will find a dealer that will weld it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are the risks I run from installing the delete kit? All I've managed to find is don't give it gas if you happen to be in the air. Why is that? I'll still be able to gun it on the road without problems right? Thanks for the great advice so far guys.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
you dont pin it in the air with anything....the wheel spinning wide open in the air hits solid ground is a incredible shock and will break axles and stuff.

Welding the sld will cause nothing but more power to the ground and maybe cause more broken axles depends on how you ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more question. Would bearclaws be alright on my quad? I was thinking of getting the executioner's but I just dont think I need that big of lugs. I tend to stay more on dry ground then mud.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
why wouldnt they be you have 1000ccs tire choice is all yours

·
Registered
394 Posts
if i ran mostly dry ground i would be looking toward the big horns, they handle great in most conditions but as Mark said 1000cc so tire choice is all yours, theres not many that they cant turn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts