Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is -30 celcius and - 44 with the wind chill so i had to go out and see if the kitty would fire up. Sure enough it fired up, (had to let it warm up for 15 min), then went for a ride. Well i took the river trail for about a mile and i was frozen already so i came back home.
Its awsome conditions for sledding right now, i wish my Poo x2 was out of the shop.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bah... You just need to dress warmer, and wear a helmet and have heated handlebars... My quad is my sole means of off highway conveyance at the moment... I ain't walking to the lake to go fishing in this cold weather... LOL

·
Registered
232 Posts
you didnt see the pic of my Cat at -30 F which is colder than -30C ... :D I am going out tomorrow and usually out every weekend gold prosepcting with my Cat at -30 F ... last weekend it got to -40 F ... and enjoyed every minute of it.... dont get me wrong I would love warm weather like around 0 F or something but some people dont have the option :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
We are up on the Mtn. here and it's usualy 10 deg. colder than in town. Last year there were a few nights in the -25 to -30 deg F. We went out , I found out that after a bunch of beers it only feels like -15.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
you guys are nuts! What temp does the oil freeze?

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
it doesnt....it gets like maple syrup though lol

do you use synthetic oil or no?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Synthetic 0W40 in the Cat, and in my truck(same weight, not the same oil... LOL)
I found out Monday night that the quad isn't the coldest thing I could do now... I hit the ditch with the company 1 ton, and long story short, ended up driving it 100 miles with no pass side or rear window at -35 or so... That, that was cold... LOL

Just FWIW, at -40, F and C are the same... - 35 F is - 37C, beyond - 40, Celsius is colder....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts