Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Goggles, Quick Strap for Open Faced Helmet? - Recommendations?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  snoprokf 
#1 ·
Hello all, :beer_cheers:

I have one pair of Scott High Voltage II Snowmobile goggles that I have converted over to quick strap.
They have the blue lens which I have really enjoyed. Excellent lens.
Only down side of this goggle is a little too much fine snow actually blows through the foam in windy / stormy conditions.

I am looking for another / spare quick strap goggle and would like your opinions on specific models.
I'd like to stay in that $50 range.

Also, your opinion on best lens color for snowmobiling.

And, do you feel you can use one goggle lens day/night?
The blue scott lens is pretty good at night, but does cut out some light.

:beer_cheers:
Mark

#2 ·
I HAVE SCOTT TURBO GOGGLES ALSO WITH THE BLUE LENS I THINK IT IS GREAT FOR DUSK IT BRINGS LIGHT IN FOR THOSE LITTLE DROP OFFS IN THE TRAIL. SEEM TO BE GOOD FOR ME IN THE DARK. NO PERSONAL EXPERIANCE WITH THE QUICK STRAP, OTHER THAN MY BUDDY HAS THEM AND HE IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT CAUSE HE LETS THEM HANG, GET FULL OF SNOW AND SEEMS TO FOG HIS GOGGLES ALOT. ON THE SNOW INFILTRATION TRY TAPING THE LITTLE VENT HOLES AT THE TOP OF THE LENS, I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THEY WERE THERE BECAUSE OF THE FOAM FILTER.

#5 ·
Take a look at the ProGrip 3400 goggles. They come with a light sensitive lens that has got great reviews. I think they will be my next goggles when my Scott HiVoltage II's need to be replaced. As for lens color I just run the clear, had the rose that came in my goggles at first and hated them for cloudy or dark days and night riding was very difficult.

#6 ·
you should try to get any spy goggles that are used i got the newest frame of spy goggles (a demo) and the guy only wore them once they are great untill you get flung off and roll a few times then get fogged

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.