Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
2014 was a 7000 zr changed the name
2014 5000 still had the zuk 1100, 2015 was the first of the yamahas and turbos
What are you saying here ??? do you even know ??

2014 was the first year of the Cat / Yami sleds with Cat getting the 7000 series and Yami, the Viper.... It was the year Cat switched to the "X-000" designations across the board....
9000 was the new name for the 1100 Zuke Turbo 4 stroke (not the Yami Turbo BTW---that didn't come until 2017).
8000 is the zuke 800.
7000 is the 1049 Yami triple (non turbo).
6000 is the Ctec2 600.
5000 is the Zuke 1100 non-turbo 4 stroke.

2015 was the same as above but added:
4000 is the Zuke 500 non-exhaust valve 2 stroke

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Wife is a peanut too.
Her ZR6000 El Tigre was a bit stiff for her weight.

Installed softer torsion springs.
-2704-026 Right
-2704-027 Left
Softened center track spring
Softened ski springs
QS3 shocks on setting one. Rides like a Caddy! She loves it.

Your shocks may not be the problem. But at 6500 miles, they're over due for a re-build.
Have them re-built & re-valved for her weight.
That, softer springs, and a little tweaking on the rest, and you're golden.

Money will be spent. Wrenches will be turned. But She's worth it!
Your wife probably is too! LOL:cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well it says F1100 on the hood and it's a 4 stroke, so whatever you want to call it.

So I got under it tonight, and pretty much took ALL spring preload out of the front skid shock. I greased the rear skid pivots, and that made a decent difference, maybe they were dry? But I am not finding a third point to grease... any tips? I hear there are 3 grease points but I can't find the third. It's not in the manual either.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Found it. Alright, if this doesn't make her happy, it's time to upgrade the front spring to the progressive 2016+ spring and look for the smaller torsion springs.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
What else can I do to make her sled ride more smoothly?
Well; you wanna make her really happy? Ah yes those new ones ride very nice too! trade it in and let her pick a color

Reactions: SteveCZ

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Did a quick video of everything I did, don't think there's anything else I can do besides ordering lighter springs:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Now That is one excellent video!
Yep, softer torsion springs will make that ride like a Cadillac.
-2704-026 Right
-2704-027 Left
You'll need to borrow an Arctic Upper Idler puller to complete the task.
Job will not take longer than 2 hours.
Even if you're a slow mechanic like me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Do you have a part number for the newer softer front shock spring? I think it's dual rate. Do HAVE to use the 4 stroke spring or could I use the 2 stroke one? I know the 4 stroke weights more....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Rear suspension, rear shock, has too much pressure in it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
K, so my wife had a 2014 ZR 5000.......1100 Zuke Non turbo.....She weighs somewhere near 120 with gear.....Sled beat the crap out of her on first few rides, she was sure we made a huge mistake in buying it......Called Mike Carver at Carver Performance.....He had done wonders for our TZ1 turbos over the years.
Explained to Mike what the sled was doing and described her riding style. Pulled both rear shocks, threw them in the mail, cleaned up the skid, reinstalled revalved shocks and voila! Thing worked perfectly for her, no change in springs....Simple $200 fix.....

21 - 35 of 35 Posts