Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im putting my Carbureted sled and my EFI away for the next winter season and My plan is to put in 92 non ethanol fuel & along with the fuel I plan to add Star Tron and I add 2oz of oil per gallon of fuel, I plan to turn the sleds over every month to keep the bearings from drying out and thats also why Im adding extra oil to the fuel to help the bearings when I run the sleds.

Would this idea hurt or damage the sleds? I like to listen to other opinions to, But I would like to know if my method would work without hurting the sleds.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
When I put mine(carbed) away for the summer I fill with non oxy fuel, Add Stabil and mix it together good (usually do a few laps around the yard) pull it in the garage, shut the fuel off and then shut the sled off.

I usually try to start it and bring it up to temp once a month to get fresh(er) fuel in the carbs and to recoat everything in fresh oil. I also do it to get my fix of 2 smoke exhaust during the long summer:lol:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Shame on you.....its too early to bring that up!This thread should be locked for at least a month:sledder:

·
5,963 Posts
Consider it Locked. :lol:. Kidding. We always Fill with Gas then Turn the Fuel off and Run the Carbs out. Come the Next winter. We drain the gas and Put Fresh stuff in. we always Clean the Carbs and Power valves.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha It looks like winter is going to be over here in MN, The whole week is going to be near 40's and all the snow is melting down, With no snow in the forecast, Chances are that where not going to get a big enough snow storm to ride again :/

·
5,963 Posts
Im going to be heading to duluth the weekend of the 8th. There is always snow in MN in march. You just have to find it.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Im going to be heading to duluth the weekend of the 8th. There is always snow in MN in march. You just have to find it.
O really.......... Might have to tag along....

Sent from somewhere in MN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts