Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i sold my prowler and am picking up a new 09 T CAT on friday.

It will have:

F/R bumpers , winch, 30 X9 backs on SS 312's, gorilla's.

Anything special for me to watch out for on these models. Also, I can get a GOOOD deal on a supertrapp mudslinger exhaust. Does anyone run this? If so, how do you like it, and can you post a vid of the sound?

Also, can some one with aftermarket tires get me a center to center front tire measurement. I'm trying to make a guard out of wood to keep it off my back glass (If it fits behind the truck??? )))

Thanks In Advance

Brooks

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Congrats. Hurry up Friday huh????

I'm running 26x9x14 tires on 14x6 ITP 108 rims on the Tcat and same the tires on 14x7 Type 7 rims on the 650H1. On the Tcat Outside to outside rim measurement is about 49 3/4" and outside to outside tire measurements is right at 52" so I can still squeeze through a 50" gate and between the fender wells of the truck. It's tight. Tire center to center measurement would be about 6 inches less than the outside rim measurements. Even though the type 7s are an inch wider, Total width is about the same with the different wheel offset.

On my 2007 Chevy Box, there are molded in slots into the Bed walls to accept a 2x6 or any 2-by X cut to length. The slots are about a 10-12 inches back from the front of the Bed. I have a 2x4 in mine now but a 2x6 with the bottom corners rounded a bit to match the contour of the bed is ideal. I was using a 2x6 but needed it for another project. It holds the ATV back away from the rear window perfectly. I just run the ATV up against this cross board and tie it down.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Friday can't come quick enuff!! Thanks for the measurements Wyo. I'm just makng a board out of 2x4. To put up against the bed wall. Drive the bike against it and strap it forward. Hate to pull my trailer up there if it'll fit behind the truck.

I plan on doing. The cc breather mod pretty soon too !!

Have u heard a supertrapp mudslinger?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vacherieprowler @ Nov 18 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, Friday can't come quick enuff!! Thanks for the measurements Wyo. I'm just makng a board out of 2x4. To put up against the bed wall. Drive the bike against it and strap it forward. Hate to pull my trailer up there if it'll fit behind the truck.

I plan on doing. The cc breather mod pretty soon too !!

Have u heard a supertrapp mudslinger?[/b]
The board across the bed in the slots of you have them works outstanding with my winch and bumper, holds back away from the rear window about 6" No I have not heard or seen a Mudslinger, There is a Tcat in town that has a speedwerx exhaust on it which is just a little less loud then my duals on my TCat. Wasn't all that hard to do and parts wise, About $100. Some sound clips, Video and links to other videos there also.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry897036

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I put a motor cycle tire between my front bumper an my bed wall, it works good my rear tires set about an inch fwd of the gap between the bed an tail gate

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (400crasher @ Nov 18 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Im sure any bike shop will have one they would be glad to get rid of.[/b]

thats how i got mine lol

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wel will need pics ASAP!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I went pick it up today and all i can say is WOW!! This thing rips!!! Dont care for the brakes though. Seems like they may need adjustment. I'll have to look at it tomorrow when i get some daylight.

Sorry, It s a crappy cell pic

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
you need to make a couple hard stops right off to seat the pads, the dealer should have told you that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, they sure didn't tell me that. It just seemed like i had my foot thru the floorboard and it wasnt slowing down. Oh, and one more thing. Why would my bike have only a right rear brake caliper. Is that standard on the tcat

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You have one on each of the front wheels/axles/hubs as well. On the rear though, there is only one. the 2006 and older models had two rear calipers (one for the foot, and one for the hand). In 2007 they went to one caliper....at least they did on my 650H1. Both the hand and the foot brake now share the same caliper.

·
Registered
176 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vacherieprowler @ Nov 20 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I went pick it up today and all i can say is WOW!! This thing rips!!! Dont care for the brakes though. Seems like they may need adjustment. I'll have to look at it tomorrow when i get some daylight.

Sorry, It s a crappy cell pic

[/b]
Same here on my 09 Cat, I got 28 miles on it and the brake feal good if you are going faster than 30mph but when going slow you reelly need to pull them hard to get stopped.and i did do as the book said about breaking them in.
I guess i am used to my sled where you just use 2 fingures to pull the brake it is that easy.

Man, I sure love the power this thing has when going 30mph and gun it will still spin the tires.
Kevin.

·
Registered
57 Posts
if you don't have a differential in the rear end then one caliper will apply equal braking to both wheels. The brothers 800 can-am has one on the driveline for both rear wheels too. I ride a 700 h1 and you step on the foot brake and she slides the rear end easy. It seems like you would want more but the tires will break traction before you could even use more brakes. I just wish the hand lever pull was lighter but eh im used to it by now...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts