Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Z 570, I have rebuilt the engine twice, replaced the a-arms with some performance a-arms, I have rejetted, regeared it (23 top 39 bottom), studded the track with 48 studs, put on C&A Pro3 Ski's, tightend the clutch spring to the last spring hole, and replace the belt with a racing belt.
Other then that, the machine is stock with a few body reinforcments. And right now I am getting around 85-92 mph. What else can I do to increase my speed? I want this thing to go as fast as it can. I don't want to bore it, but if that's the best route to go then I'll go that route, but I really want to do something else before boring it. And I don't want to switch to liquid, I've had this fan for a long time and it's my baby. I want to race it and just need it to go faster. Please help...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
im suprised it pulls the 23 39 gearing its a 570 fan lets be honest your prolly maxed out heck my 02 600s gps at about 98mph and they make prolly 30 more hp. There is one member that has a 570 he grass drags ive seen its redicoulys fast but not sure what alls done. Your prolly maxed out unless u wanna big bore it

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Your kinda limited being that its about 70 Horse. Time for an upgrade if you want to go faster. You need another sled from the sounds of what you have in mind.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Yes, but you won't get anymore MPH.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man that sucks.. I was hoping there would be some little tricks to get it going a little faster. There is a Ski-doo 550 around my part of the world that is hitting around 100 mph, but I am not sure if it is bored or not. I am thinking I'll just have to send my engine out to get bored. I really love my Z and want it to kick butt!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
There are a few things you can do, like cutting the heads and adding another base gasket, 38 mm carbs , aaen pipe, little port work, turbo crank, coat the pipes and y pipe, boss seat, titanium springs to lighten it up smaller track lug height, br tack hood, then you will see the 100 you looking for, I have a 570

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cutting back the heads is anouther term for milling the heads.
This is needed to gain the compression back from adding the extra
base gasket, which changes your port timing.
You will need to run high octane gas with these mods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.