Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if it was just mine, or does all arctic cats seem like ya just get filthy? my front tires seem to stick out past the fenders a little bit, thought about a skinner tire but seems like its not gonna matter cause its the rim also, i dont mind getting muddy ,its all part of the ride to me, but i seem to get it alot worse than the other guys i ride with. I had 25/11/12 went to 25/10/12 on the back but the fronts are still in good shape and they are 25/8/12 does anyone else have this set up mine is an 2002 500i 4x4 . Im new to this forum and glad to have found it, have bin doing quite a bit of reading lots of good info. any replys would be helpful Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I think my 04 stockers were right on the edge of the fenders....until I went to the ITP Type 4's with the 27" Mudlites. That changed things a bit. :) You can look at fender extenders to reduce the amount of mud...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
just what i was thinking sanny, fender extenders. e-bay i have seen them listed, moose also makes them i believe and ac might offer there own verision. if those tires your running are stock tread pattern then they are one of the "cleaner" tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the info,might look into these fender extenders, even when im in the snow my foot boards fill up with snow and my daughters feet freeze cause she rides with me. dont get me wrong I play hard in the mud and i know getting filthy is all part of the fun, but when i go spotting deer or just want a nice trail ride if the trail is a little wet i seem to get mud all over me, i just had my front end lined up it was a little out of whack but havnt got it out yet cause its getting its yearly tune up maybe it wont be so bad now. but thanks agian

·
Registered
445 Posts
I didn't notice the problem you speak of until I changed tires. Now I definitely get alot more dirty. I feel the chunks of mud lodging on my back from my XTR's extending past the fenders.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You mean like this? I never heard of it being a problem! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The question is, is it because of the tires sticking out a bit, or because you're on a Cat and you feel like you can go places that are sloppier than anyone else??? :banman:
JD

·
Registered
749 Posts
HAHAHA i thought that was one of the best parts.

you arent having fun until you look out the corner of your eye and a softball size clod of mud is hurdling past your face.
drive down a gravel road and feel the rainshower of gravel landing all around you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i too have that same trouble!!! :super_happy: i guess its really a matter of weather or not you like it!? Rockerdude

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
And, if you can't outrun the mud, just head to the nearest water puddle. :lol:

My Dad and a 2004 650 V2 are in there somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I rode with a friend of mine 2 weeks ago. He has an '06 Brute 750. We were riding some really tight muddy trails in the woods. Afterwards he noticed that he had cracked his right front fender. :angry_mad: We looked at tire width and my cat has a wider wheelbase than his Brute. His fenders stick out farther than his tires hence the cracked fender! He could fit in between trees that I couldn't! He rubbed fenders, I rubbed tires! I'm happy!! :super_happy: :super_happy:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
my tires stick out past my fenders and I still broke the fender.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
You can also try to out run the mud this way..... and then head to the ATV wash......

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.