Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else pissed off at those plug in helmets? i take the cord out every time i do something i might fall off. if the least bit of snow gets in there your screwed. right now i took the assembly out of the sled and have it sitting on my desk to unthaw. today i rode home 10 miles from where we ride with frost on the visor. im in the market for a snowcross helmet.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
what type of connections do you have??
i have never had any issues with any of mine.
i had them in all my sleds.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
this may be a dumb question but only because I've never used them but do you get any heat on your face from these or doesn't it get that warm I'm useing a TXI and love it but now and then I get air under my chin webbing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have on of the original modular helmets from bombardier they rock even at minus 35 no fog. I would never go back to a plugin one. heard the 2nd gen of the modular was not so good though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Never had a problen w/plugin on sled or shield. Had them on 3 cats and 1 Doo. 2 Cat helmets, 1 cl 12.
Rode in -20 to freezin rain.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F6blackcat @ Jan 31 2007, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Never had a problen w/plugin on sled or shield. Had them on 3 cats and 1 Doo. 2 Cat helmets, 1 cl 12.
Rode in -20 to freezin rain.[/b]
Same here. And with -25F riding this weekend, I'll be REALLY glad I've got a heated TXi instead of a snocross helmet!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not the concept of it thats the problem. i love the heated visor, it keeps the frost away. but the problem lies with the connection from the cord to the sled. i get snow in there, it melts, my cord doesnt fit in it. now, if there was a magnet connecting the cord to the sled that would be ppeeeerrrfect. im soo sick of pulling the cord out every time i do something i might fall off.

has anyone fell of when theyre helmet was plugged in? what happened?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ive fell off with my TXI with electric sheild, it just unplugged, plugged it back in and was good to go..

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine doesnt work like that. if i fell off either the assembly would rip out of the sled, or my visor would snap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts