Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm New to the site and relatively new to atv's. My first perchase being a 2006 Tony Stewart 650 V2 which is awesome may I say. I was just wondering if there was a gear ratio difference between my atv and the normal 650 V2 and the 650 H1?
My bike also tops out at 110 kph. It's great, I blew by a 06 650 Bruteforce and a 04 660 Grizzly but I had problems with my brothers 800 Outlander. The Yamaha guy, my step-father was so ticked that he promptly traded his 660 for the new 700 EFI from Yamaha. It's pretty quick.
Would a module, clutch kit and after market pipe bring me back into the competition?

My Tony Stewart does awesome wheelies but I'm stock and wanting more. Please help.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I have the same 06 650v2 TS and put a dynatek cdi on it and it sure makes it alot snappier on the low end and probably thru the whole range. I really don't race but you won't be dissapointed for the $200 you'll spend. The catch is you'll need to call dynatek themselves to tell them you have the cat 06 v2 as it uses a newer model cdi because of issues with the 06 v2 tip sensors. If you buy the standard model on say ebay you'll probably have the issues alot of us had , loses power for a split second randomly. Now obviously you can buy a performance muffler but you'll be regetting the carbs. The other things the guys have done are snorkeling the airbox with 2" pipes to give more power but again regetting is required. The dynatek is a plugin and no carbrator work is necessary and the easiest to do.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Your diffy has the 4.0 gears. The 04/05 V2's had 3.6 gears....which is what the H1 also has. So, yours will have more low end power and likely lose a tad off the top end.

If money wasn't an object, I'd get the Copperhead CDI (programmable via a computer), HMF, K+N air filter, 2" snorkels and rejet. That'll get you a lot more power man. Reclutching will get you more low end, but as you gain more low end you lose top end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts