Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I’m having a problem finding the gear position switch part number on my bike. As far as I can tell there are two types. One type is on the left side of the bike near the gear shifting lever my bike does not have this one. The second type is on the right side of the bike right behind the clutch case and has a long cord the plugs in to the wiring harness on the other side of the bike. I can find it on page 148 of the manual it says remove two cap screws securing the gear position switch. Account for two contact pins and springs. Problem is I can not find the part number for the type I have anywhere only the type that is on the gear selector itself. This is the one I’m looking for just got a new wiring harness and the previous owner had it had wired to the harness I just want to buy a new one but cannot find the part number 0409-201 is the one I don’t need got a number 0409-125 as a number I thought it was but cannot find it anywhere

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
I just looked up 2010 1000 Mudpro. 0409-201 is the current part number

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you i figured that was it. even with the number, the site i use does not find it. Maybe have to find another site. All I can find is 0409-201.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where is the best place to order parts online in Canada. I am in Saskatchewan.

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
I don’t order online so I can’t offer much help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t either I was just looking for a diagram of the parts so I can order the bolts too. Can’t seem to quite find the right information on any website

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless I am doing something wrong. When I type in 0409-125 which I think is the part I need, a picture of the part I don’t need comes up it does not even look the same as the part I need. When I type in 0409-201 the same part comes up. The part I need is small and goes in right behind the clutch case(which I am taking off right now to get at the screws that someone previously stripped) and has a wire on it that plugs in to the harness. It also has two contact pins and two springs also the two bolts that fasten it to the case. Looking for part numbers for all. Actually assuming the pins and springs will come with it if I ever find the right part number

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yahoo got the stripped bolt out without taking off the clutch case. I removed the exhaust which allowed a bit more access. I broke the plastic on the gear switch and got vice grips on it and got it out. So relieved. Now I just gotta make sure I order the right part number put the new wiring harness and stator in lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely got burnt on this quad. The bright side is I took it right down to nothing got to clean mud and crap out of everywhere. I’m about $9000 deep but besides some plastics I am going to get should be a solid bike when I’m done. If someone finds a diagram with this part on it somewhere let me know I’m still a bit hesitant if it is the 201 or the 125. Time to order the stator which melted the wiring harness plug together and the gear switch. Gonna go scrape some gasket for the rest of the day. Lol

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
They are the same part. 0409-201 is the current number.
0409-125 says replaced by (RB)0409-201.
Call your dealer he will explain it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I replaced the stator and found a gear position switch from a 2010 700 mud pro. Once I got the wiring together realized that the wiring harness is a four wire and the gear position switch is a five wire and they are not compatible. I look on the old harness and the previous owner had soldered his five wire to the four wire without connectors. I really don’t want to cut up my brand new harness. Honestly the connector on the harness looks like it would plug in to the other type gear position switch. My question is Is there two motors for a 2010 mud pro 1000? One with a gear position sensor like I have that mounts on the clutch side and one like the other type that mounts on the magneto side right on the gear selector. My vin number says 2010. The engine is a H2 just wondering. My guy I deal with I am going to call again tomorrow but doesn’t seem to get it. The previous owner got it because his spliced wires did work for selecting the gears was never a problem.

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
Call a parts guy that knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes just waiting until Monday. Nothing open this weekend. Seems weird though. Something is not adding up. Unless this motor is out of a UTV or some other machine. See what I can find out I guess. Another chapter in the drama of this bike and trying to get it going. Taking forever

·
Administrator
36,552 Posts
You will get it. You have the right approach.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well. Looks like this engine may have come from a utv. I ended up having to splice my new harness I. To the gear position switch I got from a 2010 700 mud pro along with a stator. Started it up for the first time tonight. No codes. Seemed to run fine. I’m pumped. Going to pick up two front axles ina couple days(anyone who knows me knows I’ve only had a rear diff for a while now) it’ll be nice to have a 4x4 again. Thanks for all the help on this quad since the beginning when I first got beat and had no differentials, to the wiring issues, the gear position switch drama lol. I think I’m on my way with this one now. Just ordered the two axles and some shock bushings. Time to put money in to it on the things I should have been all along.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts