Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is storage time again. I wanted to change the lube in my gearcase and do not have a service manual for instruction. I spent the last hour reviewing threads to no avail. So here is the question, I found the drain plug, but how do I fill the damn thing after I drain it? Looks to me like I have to tip it on its side and fill it back through the drain plug. help!!!! :sos:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey nice link, I spent the last 40 minutes there reading about it. I do see some differences in the sled years. Like my 05 F5 does not have a fill plug, and the secondary pulls off easier than on that 06 Crossfire does. One question, do you have to pull the fastener from the right or the brake caliper side? Can you just remove the case fasteners and pull it? I already have my rear skid removed for service at this time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
leave the bolts on the brake caliper alone. just have to loosen and pull the big long driveshaft bolt out as far as you can. then take off the 6 or 7 3/8" lock nuts that hold the diamond drive case to the frame. then it may take some work but it should just pull straight out off the frame and the driveshaft is just splined to the lower diamond drive output shaft. thats it.

or you can just take out the torx bolts that hold the side cover off the DD and service it like that. thats what i do. but since you have the whole rear skid out then it would be easier to take the whole thing out. if the skid was in and track was all tightened up i just take off the side cover.

before you mount the DD back on make sure to put some blue locktite on the driveshaft long bolt then when you are ready to tighten the big long bolt torque it to 55 ft/lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts