Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I go through the trouble of removing the seat/gas tank of my ZR500, I was wondering if anybody knew if the flat plastic peice under the actual seat held gas of if it was solid plastic or what. I have looked at the microfiche for it and nothing tells me. I have a seat design that mounts to the tunnel that I really like that would look slick on this sled but it would require me to cut off all the plastic that isnt part of the main "gas tank". anybody know anything about this or have seen this done? thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I noticed that there seems to be a couple different designs to the tanks depending on the sled. I havent dug far enough to know what style is on the 99. The one i keep seeing on the microfiche shows there being no gas stored under the seat. just in the front part. I may have to just pull it apart.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You will probably have to pull it apart to confirm but your plan will probably work. You can usually section the rear off of it.

Most gas tanks have the actual (gas tank) and than the rear 12" or so is just a plastic base that is molded to the tank. I sectioned off the back of mine and made a shorty seat like a pro-x.

Careful around the tank obviously. I used a die grinder.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about using a seat off of one of the newer mountain sleds, build a bracket for it to raise it to my desired height, make it pretty and bolt er down. something similar to the BEARD seat i keep seeing. I want to do a tunnel extension (prob 136ish seeing as its just a 500) and I think this style would make it look pretty sweet. thoughts?

NEW BEARD SEATS LIGHTWEIGHT SNOWMOBILE SEAT | KORONIS PARTS

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will probably have to pull it apart to confirm but your plan will probably work. You can usually section the rear off of it.

Most gas tanks have the actual (gas tank) and than the rear 12" or so is just a plastic base that is molded to the tank. I sectioned off the back of mine and made a shorty seat like a pro-x.

Careful around the tank obviously. I used a die grinder.

do you have any pictures?? I would love to see how it turned out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.