Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I open the gas cap on my F1000, pressurized air (and fumes) is released. Sled does not have to be run for this to occur. This is the first sled I've ever had that does this. Are these tanks vented, and if they are, is there a check valve or something that would cause this pressure buildup to happen? Just trying to make sure this is "normal" and that a vent line isn't plugged or pinched or something. If anyone knows for sure if this is normal (and OK), I'd appreciate some confirmation on this. Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roy T @ Jan 9 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Everytime I open the gas cap on my F1000, pressurized air (and fumes) is released. Sled does not have to be run for this to occur. This is the first sled I've ever had that does this. Are these tanks vented, and if they are, is there a check valve or something that would cause this pressure buildup to happen? Just trying to make sure this is "normal" and that a vent line isn't plugged or pinched or something. If anyone knows for sure if this is normal (and OK), I'd appreciate some confirmation on this. Thanks! – Roy[/b]
Roy, mine does the same and so did the units on my dealers showroom floor. I can only assume this is normal, but like you would like some confirmation. Have run 300 miles like this and no problems. thumbguy

·
Registered
43 Posts
I?ve adjusted the valves on my 07 Jag and don?t remember how the fuel lines go back together. Is the pressure relief valve blue? Is the check valve clear? How do you know which way to orient the check valve? My sled appears to have y?ed off near the tank with each valve in separate lines off the Y. Is that right? Is the clear valve supposed to be near the Y or the far end of the tube? Does anyone know where an accurate diagram can be found?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think they have a pressure pop off valve in the vent line. I notice after moving it into the warm garage for a while there will be a putting sound of pressure bleeding off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts