Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2002 arctic cat zr500 and when I fill my tank and start riding gas come out from under the gas cap. I tighten it as much as I can but it still comes out. It does not so it all the time only when I get on it. Is this possible the rubber grommet in the cap is bad?

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Make sure it does have a rubber seal. I’m sure you have to buy a new cap. Make sure the neck of the tank is not cracked and don’t crank the cap on tight. Also never let the gas pump dangle while filling. Always hold it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a rubber is installed and you can see that it is wet when you take it off. This cap does not have the fuel gauge on it. If the neck itself is cracked is there any way to repair it. I did notice that there are like 2 stems that come down from the center of the cap that have holes going into them.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
It may just be a hard worn seal. Cap is non vented type. You can buy seal for 20.30 or cap c/w seal for 32.99. With cap off, pull up around opening and if any part separates, it’s cracked. Very hard and usually unsuccessful to repair depending where crack is and how bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts