Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2011 Crossfire sled, that has fuel leak (again ugh!) near the filler cap area. A few years back the tank was replaced at the dealer for this very same issue and coverd as a manufacture defect. I don't believe it would be covered again. Does anyone have a repair process, that would not require replacement of the tank, that I can do myself during the off season.

· Registered
14,702 Posts
There’s a couple of threads with repair techniques. Do a search “filler neck” and you’ll see them.

Reactions: Trp97

· Registered
54 Posts
Otherwise, I just did this on mine, (09 CFR-1000) right at the bottom of the threads on the big filler neck mine cracked, ended up taking the whole tank off the sled, and brought it to a friend to plastic weld, >WITH< a 1/4" strip of stainless mesh! that was placed on the area that was cracked, and then added new material, (polypropylene) to the existing filler neck area, to sort of beef it up! After about 5 weeks of downtime last season, my friend successfully repaired the tank to as new condition! (since you can't buy one of these ANYWHERE)! No leaks and it is (IMO) more solid than new! My tank did come with the white insert from Cat when new, but I don't see the point of these inserts anyway.

· Registered
11 Posts
I tried to use JB weld fuel tank repair. This didn't completely seal, and ruined the possibility of plastic welding. Eventually I replaced the neck with a fuel cell cap. This worked.

Cracked necks are very common.

New tanks haven't been available from Arctic Cat for at least 3 years (maybe 4 years). This is very frustrating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts