Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what the gas tank capacities would be for a 1994 EXT 580 Carb and a 1995 Cougar 550 L/C? None of them have accurate gas gauges in them yet, and I dont want to run them out one day, but I usually fill them up often because I dont know how many gallons they hold.

·
5,963 Posts
10 gallon or 13 gallon I can't remember :lol:

·
Registered
524 Posts
both are 11 gallon.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Can anybody tell me what the gas tank capacities would be for a 1994 EXT 580 Carb and a 1995 Cougar 550 L/C? None of them have accurate gas gauges in them yet, and I dont want to run them out one day, but I usually fill them up often because I dont know how many gallons they hold.
The best thing I have found to do is to drain the tank dry, siphon everything out, then refill the tank using a two gallon container. After every two gallons put the cap/gauge into the tank and mark the pointer with permanent marker. You will have a very accurate indication of how much fuel is in your tank and you will have much more confidence out on the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.