Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the firecats they have a gas gauge like the old lawn mowers the float style and i was wondering if anyone makes an eletric one that is more acurate so i dont have to guess how much gas i have

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
There is the digital one on the insrument cluster, but I don't know if there is a way to wire it up on the firecats or not. I dunno It would be really nice though, wouldn't it? I haven't heard of any aftermarket guages but I really haven't looked either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you would think with everything that goes on these days a eletric gauge woud b on those sleds i dont know why there isnt im not really happy with that it sucks having to guess how much gas you have when you are riding or when the sled is part on a hil and today when i put on my pipe my found a little switch thing by the headlights under the hood does anyone know wat that is

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
if this "switch" you are talking about is a brown wire it is for changing speedo between miles/km

the gas guage on the speedo was used on the T500/T660 (same instrument cluster) so if there is some kind of sensor/wiring harness on those I would think you would potentially be able rig something up to work. Granted I don't know for sure as I am not at all familar with the T machines, just throwing thoughts out there... I dunno

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would really like to find a better way to gauge my gas kinda dont like to guesstimate is there any other gauges out there or anything for a firecat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts