Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an 05' f7 with 700 miles on it, just noticed i have about half tank of gas and the gauge reads empty.. what shall i do? here are some pics, that white thing is just chillin at the bottom when it should be half way up where the gas is lol...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Odd.. mine floated to the top. I still had my hand fishin around in gas for a good 30 seconds tryin 2 get it out. It really sucked.

Ive heard 2 replace it all you gota do is pop out the old one, put some new sealant on the new gas gage, in slide it in. I havent don it to mine yet. I dont really need it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just filled the gas tank to the top tonight, still sits at the bottom... so wierd, i think its haunted or something lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
The whole rod fell out of my gage (03 F5). Gage needle just randomly spun around where ever. Easy to replace the gage, just pop it out with a couple of screwdrivers and push the new one in. I didn't use any additional sealant on mine - the rubber gasket sealed it fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the same problem on my F6 at the beginning of the season and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Took it to my dealer and he replaced it for free. Said the gauge just went bad and wrote it off as warranty. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts