Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 studded sleds. i have a drive through garage which is great, pull in when done riding, fire up and take off next day, no turning or dragging sleds around. problem im having is when taking off out of garage track spins and studs chew up the concrete. i thought about buying some sacrificial 1/4” osb but not sure how to keep it from shooting out the back of the sled when taking off. would rubber livestock mats stay put or will they fire out the back? maybe a couple dabs of construction adhesive under osb or rubber and scrape it up in the spring?? im not doing an epoxy floor.

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
35,838 Posts
Throttle control? J/k

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Plywood held down with concrete anchors. Get the type that takes bolts so you can remove in the off season.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The drive thru is SO nice isn't it?? I installed carpet in my drive thru section. Which is only used for sleds in the winter, ATVs in the summer.
Just need a milkshake machine now!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The drive thru is SO nice isn't it?? I installed carpet in my drive thru section. Which is only used for sleds in the winter, ATVs in the summer.
Just need a milkshake machine now!
love the drive thru. How did you hold down the carpet?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I mainly have it attached to the sides. Cut it 12" wider and longer than needed, wrapped 6" excess on each side around 2X4s , attached the 2X4s to the lower wall. Front & rear are attached the same way other than the openings for the garage doors.
I used rubber-backed carpet, but still was concerned about water/molding, etc. Pulled it up to check after 3 years, all was good!

·
Registered
28 Posts
1/4 in Hilti Drop in anchors work wonders. Use them mounting panels and what not at work. Then in the summer months, just put a bolt in the anchor so it doesnt fill with junk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a heated drive-thru also. I use those small 4 wheeled dollies under each ski to drive out without spinning the track. Works great! Driving in has never been an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts