Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my zr700 back together. Putting it together, everything went smooth and rotated smooth once the bottom end was buttoned up. Now, I quickly put it in the sled and figured I'd try to fire it up just to hear it. Now I haven't put any coolant in yet, so I only ran it for like 45 seconds or so. I was making a noise in what I though was the bottom end, I'm not sure, it was getting dark so I didn't spend a lot of time at it. It almost sounds like two loose gears rattleing. Would this only be because there's no coolant in it? Any other thoughts? I'm gonna go over it thurolly later, but I just though if someone has some experience with this they might let me know.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a new crank in it, so it was completely disassembled. The clutch components are new, so it shouldn't be that. I'm not sure how I would screw that up, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with where the water pump mates with the crank, that or the flywheel touching something. That's all I can come up with on the top of my head now.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ah sh#t, you are right. There was two shims I just remembered that I didn't put back in. Fricken idiot.
How much work we talking about to fix that faux pas?

Nothing worse then getting something all back together and then looking on the bench and saying....hmm what are those things for? Oh crap....take it all apart and put it all back together again. Been there more times then I'd like to admit. :Bangin::lol:

·
Registered
626 Posts
hey don't feel bad I changed the cap,rotor,plugs and wires one time forgot to put the rotor back in took me a hour to figure out why it wouldn't start,buddy found it in the bag from the parts store laying on the bench duh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.