Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 Sabercat and am getting exhaust fumes when riding in fresh snow. It's bad enough to make your eyes burn. Have had it to the dealers twice but they can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? bang your head

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
I'm moving this into the 03-06 Firecat/Sabercat forum, you'll likely get more responses there.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
How's your oil consumption? Pretty excessive, I bet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
pull your ppipe off and put some high temp silicone on it to seal it up,, If your eyes are burning while your driving you have an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 20 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's the Amsoil. :lol:

Sorry, I can't help but I can guess....oxy sensor? It IS EFI, right?[/b]
Hey, it probably IS the Amsoil, I run it and it will burn your eyes if you get caught in the exhaust... No joke.. Great oil.. Just nasty as hell..

·
Registered
32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cnc2004 @ Jan 22 2007, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 20 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the Amsoil. :lol:

Sorry, I can't help but I can guess....oxy sensor? It IS EFI, right?[/b]
Hey, it probably IS the Amsoil, I run it and it will burn your eyes if you get caught in the exhaust... No joke.. Great oil.. Just nasty as hell..
[/b][/quote]

I also run Amsoil,,,, if the silicone doesn't help my problem I'm going to consider a new oil. I guess the big issue is that I have 2500 miles on my sled and I just cleaned my valves (first cleaning) and they had very little carbon on them,,, and everything I could see inside the motor was squeeky clean. How can you argue with that.

But I have to say,, that if your eyes are burning while you are riding you must have some sort of exhaust leak that is allowing the exhaust to come up though the cowel. If all of the exhaust was coming out of the pipe I can see it getting sucked up behind the rider because of low air pressure but not in front,, specially making it into the helmet.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It may be better to get new donuts for the exaust, but if you had an exaust leak between on the y-pipe/pipe you should be getting a bit of oil spatter under your hood. If the leak is bettwen the pipe/can seal it is harder to detect.

You can use high temp silicone but every time you take your pipe off you'll have to reapply and you may forgot one time so I say better to get new donuts and forget about it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
have you ever taken your pipe off. There is a donut shaped piece that is between your pipe and the y-pipe. This can be installed wrong. The are two notches in the dounut piece and two ridges on the y-pipe. If these pieces aren't lined up you would have a major exhaust leak

just a thought and it's easy to check....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts