Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
My old '08 650 TRV was a bit of a "pig" depending on how/where I was riding 'er.

"Simple" trail riding running 20-40mph single rider.....90 miles max.
"Technical" trail/hill/mud riding low'n slow in 4x4 pushing higher rpms....60miles...maybe.

Alot of factors involved. I always carried an extra gas can with either on the machine or in the trailer.

The older TRV's had a 5.5gal/US tank......the newer ones...5.3gal/US.

My new '13 700H1 EFI has burned thru about 1/3 a tank with only 26 miles...but that's still while I'm break'n 'er in. Also lots of L range around my property since it's ALL hills...:lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good to know. I just filled the full tank...so it will be interesting to see what I get. Mind you the low fuel light is still flashing...which I find puzzling?? The riding so far has been all slow...no fast running out here on the Myra trails.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Straight up trail riding on my 700 H1 will do about 100 miles with a little gas left over.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
285 Posts
My old '08 650 TRV was a bit of a "pig" depending on how/where I was riding 'er.

"Simple" trail riding running 20-40mph single rider.....90 miles max.
"Technical" trail/hill/mud riding low'n slow in 4x4 pushing higher rpms....60miles...maybe.

Alot of factors involved. I always carried an extra gas can with either on the machine or in the trailer.

The older TRV's had a 5.5gal/US tank......the newer ones...5.3gal/US.

My new '13 700H1 EFI has burned thru about 1/3 a tank with only 26 miles...but that's still while I'm break'n 'er in. Also lots of L range around my property since it's ALL hills...:lol:
That is very close to what I am getting with my new Cat happy 2012 ( a holdover ) TRV 700H1 with 70 miles on it is only getting 15mpg mostly in 2WD H range while my old 09 TRV 550 got 27mpg under those same conditions. I am doubtful that even when it is broken in it will do any better than that and when in L range 4WD will probably be lucky to knock out 10-12mpg. Price I have to pay for the extra power I guess and will need to start carring extra fuel again. Very seldom did we ever need extra fuel on the 550 TRV so never carried it with a 90-95 mile range. All our riding is almost always 2 up also.
It is what it is I guess. :wacko:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't even what to know what a 1000 mudpro is like! This thing makes my old Thunder Cat mileage look like a moped! Even driving SLOWLY it sucks up gas like nothing I have ever owned!
Ouch. I'm betting you carry extra gas.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I ride my 02 500 pretty aggressively on the trails and I am still able to get 90+ miles out of the Arctic Cat rated 4.75 gallon tank but if my tanks almost empty I can get 5 gallons in there. Depends on the trails as well. If they're sandy expect to get less MPG's. I've also noticed my atv gets better mpgs when I get on it more then riding slower. It's probably because I am not fighting the EBS as much when I'm on the throttle harder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.