Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel pump works when I put 12volts to it but we I plug the harness back in it stops after the throttle body runs out of fuel. So I checked to see if there was a broken wire from the pump to the ecu and there wasn't. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be cause my lights and everything still works just not the pump

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old post but I am having the same issue. Fuel level registers in Diagnostic mode but no power to fuel pump. If 12v applied directly to pump, it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's what worked for me.
Disclaimer: this may not be the right or safest answer but it worked in my case (2014 700 Mud Pro).
1. Snip off the red wire after the connecter on the fuel pump side and make a butt splice. Connect (butt splice) another wire to the fuel pump red wire, long enough to go to the dash. Either tape off or cap the red wire coming out of the plug.
IMG_20200407_171459.jpg

2. Get some wire and put ring terminal on it and attach to the hot side of the starter relay.
IMG_20200407_171519.jpg

3. Attach both wires to a simple on off switch and viola! 0
IMG_20200407_172452.jpg
Notes: an inline fuse on the wire connected to the starter relay would not be a bad idea. I didn't have one laying around the garage when I did this mod.
Remember to push button for fuel pump ONLY when ready to start and don't forget to turn it off IMMEDIATELY when you shut off the bike.

Again, I don't know if this is a safe method/fix, but it's working on my bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts