Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fuel pressure gauge on my sled, after i shut the sled off the fuel pressure drops. It never did it last year at all, but now it is. Its a 98 zr600 EFI. Its hard to start some mornings when its cold out, i end up jumping a battery to my fuel pump to get it building pressure. Other than that, while im running im at 36psi. Would this be my fuel pump back feeding? or my regulator is pooched? I blew my sled up today(not fuel related) and i would like to get this sorted out while shes all apart. Thanks for any help guys and gals.

·
Registered
192 Posts
After I installed the adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator with gauge I noticed the fuel pressure drops back down to 0 overnight but when I start it in the morning, the first pull of the cord recharges the fuel rail and then on the second pull it's at pressure, enough to start fine. If your fuel pump doesn't charge yours after the first pull you might want to look into the fuel pump, check your connections ( all hose clamps are tight) and at the very least change the O ring on the fuel regulator and reinstall. Just a start while you have it apart!

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wol9ver6ine @ Jan 16 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
check your connections

( all hose clamps are tight) and at the very least change the O ring on the fuel regulator and reinstall. Just a start while you have it apart![/b]
:thumbsup: electrical that is,, possibly too little current getting through, not fully energizing the pump with one or two pulls,,

good ideas,,

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the same sled and it does the same thing, drops to 0 after you shut it down. wol9ver6ine, do you have a pick of your adjustable regualtor intalled? I've install just a guage on mine, hard to read because or eratic needle movement but gets you close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts