Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a used 99 ZL 600 EFI (VIN # starts with 98 ?) that the previous owner was in the process in changing out fuel and coolant lines in regards to the throttle body. I purchased the service manual on this machine and the diagrams do make sense until I see the actual machine has both connections from the fuel pump not attached to anything and I have one free fuel line "teed" to two short lines with one going to the fuel inlet on the fuel rail and the other going to the fuel pressure regulator on the same. This does not make sense to me because if I follow the service manual one line goes from the fuel pump output to the fuel inlet on rail and a separate line goes from the rail's fuel regulator to the return connection on the pump. I am thinking the previous owner was confused or is this some "test" setup he never finished. Any comments will be appreciated as I try to sort things out.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
That's not right at all.

Feed line (pressure line) from pump goes to the clutch side fitting and the return comes off of the FPR back to the pump. Where is your return line currently? Do you have one at all or is it just an open port on the pump?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
Return

Feed (pressure)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply...just an open port on the return side of the pump ........no return line that I can find. He gave me a coil of new fuel line so I guess I will make one up. He has the same Y configuration under the throttle body going to both outside coolant connections but I found a tee on the a large coolant pipe next to the pull cord assembly to attach that line to which I do not find any "clear" reference in the documentation but seems to be ok. Not sure what the heck he was doing?

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
Well there is a connection at that big T by the recoil for the coolant from throttle bodies.

It comes from the thermostat housing to the TB then to the t by the recoil.

And yes fix the fuel lines. It's very hard on the pump the way it is right now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks. Not clear on the coolant route. So what I have described might be funky as well? Is there any diagram you could direct me to?

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
Diagram no but I'll try to get you some pics

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
From thermostat housing to the recoil side of TB

Recoil side coolant hose connection

Then after it goes thru the throttle bodies it exits on clutch side

And connects to the T by the recoil housing

If needed I can draw you a crude diagram later

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok just got back from the garage and I can figure it out from your pictures and explanation. No need of diagram.
I appreciate your help. This is my first experience with this forum and I am impressed!

·
Super Moderator
4,301 Posts
I try to help where I can! Glad you like the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with the fuel lines. What is the correct way to run them off the pump. I just did a top end rebuild, tested the stator and need to get fuel. Which side off the pump goes to the intake and how should the regulator be connected.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts