Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't had a working fuel guage from day one. spent yesterday doing maintance on the quad and spent some time sanding with 180 grit on the fuel guage and its the first time its worked. its worth the time to spend on sanding the unit. just a little sanding and reinstall. now i have a working fuel guage.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've had nothing but trouble with my gauge as well, exept mine just keeps falling off the fuel pick up line and floating in the tank

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Never had a problem out of mine................ I dunno

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
I checked the accuracy of my fuel gage on the 500M. Three bars from the bottom (less than half on the scale) and it only took eight liters (2.1) U.S. gallons to fill the tank to the neck. So, the gage is far from accurate. I personally would not trust it. I depend on the trip meter to give me an idea of remaining fuel. I calculated that it's getting a little better than 20.6 miles per Canadian gallon or around 18 per U.S. gallon. That's pretty good for a new engine not yet completely broken in. That's actually better than my old 250 Suzuki.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kirch78 @ Apr 28 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've had nothing but trouble with my gauge as well, exept mine just keeps falling off the fuel pick up line and floating in the tank[/b]
Crimp it in a couple of places with the float off then force it back on and turn it a 1/4 of a turn.

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts