Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a '06 V2 with a Gas Guage that always reads Full even with a half tank of gas. Before I take it back to the dealer, is there something that I can check to correct this myself? I have less than a hundred miles on the bike (I know), and put off taking it back as I changed my own oil and don't have a lot of spare time, etc.

I thought of maybe disconnected wiring from the sending unit, but I figured that if disconnected it would register empty or not at all.

Anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
if you don't get a responce on here probably wouldn't hurt to call dealer and see if he can help you trouble shoot over the phone. everything plugged in on tank?

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine only starts to change about the time I get to a half tank - '06 V2 - always wondered about that - Anyone else with the same issue??

I guess I have just gotten used to it by now - I always make sure its full before I leave out anyway but have been on some LONG rides where I was guessing for a bit and found out about the half tank reading start. Mine "just" starts to read at the 3 gallon left mark..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (V2Rocket @ Feb 13 2007, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi guys,

I have a '06 V2 with a Gas Guage that always reads Full even with a half tank of gas. Before I take it back to the dealer, is there something that I can check to correct this myself? I have less than a hundred miles on the bike (I know), and put off taking it back as I changed my own oil and don't have a lot of spare time, etc.

I thought of maybe disconnected wiring from the sending unit, but I figured that if disconnected it would register empty or not at all.

Anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron[/b]
My dad had the same problem and his whole gauge cluster is being replaced under warranty. That is what the dealer told him. Now, if he had to replace it on his dime, he would either leave it or look at a cheaper way to fix. On a side note he is going from 1900 miles to 0! LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 06 H1 My gas gauge was always reading inaccurately so the dealer replaced the sending unit under warranty. He said the new part is the exact same part number so there is not any change there and the H1's are having major problems with the fuel sending units reading off. I have not rode it yet to tell if it it is fixed, just got it back yesterday...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts