Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WENT RIDING TODAY NOTICED FUEL GUAGE READ HALF, ALSO GAS ON TANK BOX UNDER INSTRUMENT POD. GAS TANK WAS FULL. ALSO MY HEADLIGHTS ONLY WORK ON HI BEAM, 06 500 AUTO, ALMOST FORGOT HIT LARGE ROOT WITH FRONT TIRE AND BENT RIM SO BAD I HAD TO HAMMER IT BACK TO HOLD AIR NOT ONCE BUT TWICE ,THAT TAKES QUITE A TOLL ON MY ARMS AND EGO. ANYONE HAD THE GAS PROBLEM? bang your head

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
bring it back to dealer....warranty work

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have had two fuel gauges replaced under warranty and mine still is not working right. bang your head

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine hasn't worked right since the day I bought it. Dealer is aware of the issue but I just deal with it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
its easy to fix remove 4 screws undo fuel line, unplug wire remove sending unit from tank take a little sand paper to the thing remove the float first and clean up the surface lightly and reasemble and don't tighten the screws to tight. as you will strip it. mine didn't work from day one and now it works fine maybe took 45 min to do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
if your getting gas around and under instrument pod and the tank was full it is probably from the overflow tube mine did it once when overfilled tank and was riding on a hillside and my 06 500 fuel gauge did not work from day one and had to have replaced but have since traded the 06 for a07 500 manual just like my 06 but 07 model like much better than the 06

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fuel up there is from the overflow as stated above. There is no fuel at the guage, it uses a sending unit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts