Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody elses fuel gauge reading wrong? Mine never says full, even if it's up to the top. Last night read about half tank, filled it, and it stayed there. Then it bounced around a few times but never read full after that. I guess I have to pull the sending unit out and look.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good one. Not worthy: I actually did ride mine. I only have 50 trail miles so far, but I'm trying to get out everyday. Not a lot of snow near the house, so I'm limited. There is no shortage of mud and water though. bang your head Snowing here again, so as soon as the wife gets home, were off for a bit. Maybe sunday I can venture out farther.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I noticed mine doesn't go all the way to the top digital bar ... even when I do fill it up to the gas cap. It goes up to the 2nd from the top though. It seems like the gauge goes down pretty reasonable, and it doesn't fluctuate as much as I had expected. I thought it would go from 3 bars to 0 bars up to 4 bars, etc., but it's pretty consistent from what I've seen. I think I had 3 bars left when I put in 7.3 gallons on my last fill up. We're scheduled to go up north again next Thursday, so I hope to get some ideas on how much gas in the tank relates to the digital display.

·
Registered
157 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Jan 26 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I noticed mine doesn't go all the way to the top digital bar ... even when I do fill it up to the gas cap. It goes up to the 2nd from the top though. It seems like the gauge goes down pretty reasonable, and it doesn't fluctuate as much as I had expected. I thought it would go from 3 bars to 0 bars up to 4 bars, etc., but it's pretty consistent from what I've seen. I think I had 3 bars left when I put in 7.3 gallons on my last fill up. We're scheduled to go up north again next Thursday, so I hope to get some ideas on how much gas in the tank relates to the digital display.[/b]
Same with mine. When it is full, I mean right to the neck, it reads one bar down from the top, then as I ride it shows full bars, then starts to come down.

Also, my MAX RPM doesn't work. No matter how I ride or what my RPM it always reads, 7640.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts