Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do plan on snorking my TRV 1000 adding a high flow air filter and I'll most likely do the stock exhaust mod or just buy an aftermarket exhaust system. The snorks will be 2" PVC minimum with an extra intake hole to be added by me, with that alone I expect to need a "box". I have ZERO experience with efi , I have been hearing about the PC5 and the auto-tune .............+/- 500$ + +/- 200$ = +/- 700$$............ouch!!!!
Is there a cheaper way (I like a plug and play system!) if not plug and play a cheaper explained way..............................700 bucks or so seems a bit much for a few extra ponies!!!

Filterwise I'm thinking twin air or a uni maybe even K&N. Thoughts??
Or just a waste.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Can't help you on the tune advice. However I prefer a UNI filter over K&N just because the K&N are a little TOO open for my tastes.

Reactions: bfbill650i

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
word of advice...stock filter is made by uni...your not going to gain anything changing

Reactions: bfbill650i

·
Registered
435 Posts
word of advice...stock filter is made by uni...your not going to gain anything changing

Stock filter the same as UNI???

I bought a Big Gun exhaust and fuel controller for my Thundercat which is a 1000cc v twin same as yours. I think all together I payed $500 shipped to my door. The filter cost me $24 from mud throwers.

OEM air filter is $20 but I just replaced my stock one with a UNI and looked different then the stock one.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i did not say it was the same... i said uni MAKES the oem filter....uni is red/grey and stock is blue/grey. The outer foam on the uni has larger air pockets but it will not give you any noticeable power difference

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
X2^^^^ I have talked to uni and they definitely make stock cat filters. I prefer the aftermarket one as it seems easier to clean. My stock filter crumbled after a couple of years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.