Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm helping a friend repair a torn apart 2006 Arctic Cat 500. The previous owner had partially fixed a lot on it. It was a mess. I need help or pictures of the all the vent lines/fuel lines/vacuum lines and where they go to. I'm trying to get them back together correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't find a diagram/picture/video anywhere.

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
Pretty sure that is just a vent line. It will allow fuel to escape if you overfill it’s and park it in the sun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the nipple coming from the carb, in between the carb and throttle cable. Is that a fuel line or vacuum line? Also, the nipple from the intake manifold does that return to the fuel pump?

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
Upper nipple on carb goes up to the pod. Bottom nipple on carb goes to fuel pump.
The nipple on the intake boot goes to the fuel pump

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by pod? I'm not sure where that upper nipple goes. Does it connect to anything?

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
Pod is dash pod , instrument gauge ,speedo. It doesn’t connect to anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pod is dash pod , instrument gauge ,speedo. It doesn’t connect to anything.
Ok. I think all the vent/fuel lines are where they should be. It's still not getting fuel so I'm going to try the fuel pump. I think I've tried everything else possible.

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
Are you getting vacuum to the pump? Did you check the boot like I said?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can feel the return vacuum line pulsating, but no fuel getting pumped. I have a fuel filter on the fuel line to the carb so I can see it's not getting fuel. It starts and runs if I pour fuel into that line bypassing the fuel pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts