Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told when i ordered that it would be 5 weeks. So i figure as long as i know how long i have to wait its ok. well 5 weeks rolls around and i call to check on my order. The guy answers the phone, ask me what i ordered, i say twin pipes and before i could finish he says at least 2 more weeks. bang your head i din't even tell him my name, so he didn't know when i placed the order or what else i was getting. So i call 2 weeks later and a lady answers, she tells me that it should ship out this week! :super_happy: I call back this week and a guy tells me 2 more weeks. :angry_mad: Doesn't say sorry, kiss my a$$ or anything. So i cancled the order. If D&D were the only place to get AC parts i would buy a yamaha

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
did you ask them why??
maybe its a back order issue??

i have dealt with them in the past.
i have never had any problems,......

they are a sponsor on this site.
I.M.O,.....you should handle this matter over the phone with them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Whenever ordering anything from Mom n' Pop specialized shops....expect delivery to be double what they say. These smaller businesses don't have the cash to stock inventory so they attempt to do everything in real time.

That is a long time to wait and you should be upset....but your probably not getting screwed and should work it out in private.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I just ordered a stack of clutch parts from them and had them within the week. No problem.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Did they charge you when you placed the order? No, stop bitching and complaining.....like a little three year old....

I ordered a hitch from a dealer in december, a real Cat dealer that gets their stock from the factory. The dealer e-mailed me the next day saying it is on back order and will be shipped out on the 15th so i called on the 15th and was told the 29th, I called on the 29th and was told the 5th of January so I called on the 5th and was told the 16th, the last time I called I asked then to check other dealers in their area and they told me they aready have. You don't hear me bitching and complaining like a little 3 year old....

You see because I respect the dealer and he is good to me I will not name him because he is really fast with me when he has the parts in stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Jan 15 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did they charge you when you placed the order? No, stop bitching and complaining.....like a little three year old....

I ordered a hitch from a dealer in december, a real Cat dealer that gets their stock from the factory. The dealer e-mailed me the next day saying it is on back order and will be shipped out on the 15th so i called on the 15th and was told the 29th, I called on the 29th and was told the 5th of January so I called on the 5th and was told the 16th, the last time I called I asked then to check other dealers in their area and they told me they aready have. You don't hear me bitching and complaining like a little 3 year old....

You see because I respect the dealer and he is good to me I will not name him because he is really fast with me when he has the parts in stock.[/b]

I'm a business owner myself, and if i told people it would be five weeks and it ended up 10 weeks(if i even got then) i would be out of business. I don't know how long they have been in business, but seems they would have some kind of handle on what they should stock and not stock. if they can't run a business any better than that maybe they should stick to running sleds instead of trying to run a business. If you don't want to hear my complaining don't read it. What did you think i was going to say in this post? I made it clear in the title. And also respect is earned not just given out, this was my first order and all they did was lie, almost every time i called to check on my order, so would you respect someone who did this to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
You not so wrong to post this.....you did call them up and try to get it addressed a couple of times. Let me ask you this though....did you cancel your order? To me there are only 2 things to do.....call them out (which you did) or cancel the order. I would think that canceling the order would do you more good and deliver the message better.

Plus then your sled won't sound like a kackling hen....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 15 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
did you ask them why??
maybe its a back order issue??

i have dealt with them in the past.
i have never had any problems,......

they are a sponsor on this site.
I.M.O,.....you should handle this matter over the phone with them.[/b]

The 1st time i called the guy said they were really busy with the f1000 parts, and also that they were waiting on the boondocker. The next time i called the lady said they were probably waiting on the pipes. So who knows feel like i got the run around. Up until today i was patient, i understand that they are probably busy, and i not a top customer or anything. but i am a customer none the less, and don't like to be lied to. Today he told me 2 more weeks, who is to say i would have got them in the two weeks. My bet would be that i wouldn't. I may be the exception not the rule. The parts i tried to order were twin pipes,boondocker,and clutch kit for a 06'F7 EFI. I think the only thing that could have been back ordered is the boondocker. Maybe i'm out of line on here with the d&d sucks title, but i do have a legitmate complaint. I did also let him know that i was not happy, i didn't yell or cuss and him i let him know that it wasn't right and told him to cancle my order.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nunavut_Crossfire @ Jan 15 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You see because I respect the dealer and he is good to me I will not name him because he is really fast with me when he has the parts in stock.[/b]

Also what diff. does it make when they charge me? This is not a money issue. I try to buy top notch stuff with whatever i'm doing, be it snowmobiling, drag racing cars, or equipment for my business. in doing so i expect to pay more and that is fine but i expect to get quality and respect in return!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cc-rider @ Jan 15 2007, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You not so wrong to post this.....you did call them up and try to get it addressed a couple of times. Let me ask you this though....did you cancel your order? To me there are only 2 things to do.....call them out (which you did) or cancel the order. I would think that canceling the order would do you more good and deliver the message better.

Plus then your sled won't sound like a kackling hen....[/b]
Thank you. ya i did call them 3 or 4 times and today i was the last time. not one time did they say sorry or anything, so i did cancel the order today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Maybe i'm out of line on here with the d&d sucks title, but i do have a legitmate complaint. I did also let him know that i was not happy, i didn't yell or cuss and him i let him know that it wasn't right and told him to cancle my order.[/b]

well as you stated earler,....you are a business owner your self.
even if you were wrong in some figureing!!!!!!
and someone was mad at you,........................

would you like to see YOUR bus, name posted in the internet.
with the title "SUCK'S"?????????????????????
not a nice way of getting even with some place.

im not saying they are right or wrong,........
i just think its ****ty to do this,..........

i think its wrong to post this!!!!!!!!
its not like they sold you junk,.......or wont stand behind a product.

whats next guys??????
we gonna start bashing the weather man?????,...i mean heck,........he's wrong sometimes.

think about it,.......please :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 15 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Maybe i'm out of line on here with the d&d sucks title, but i do have a legitmate complaint. I did also let him know that i was not happy, i didn't yell or cuss and him i let him know that it wasn't right and told him to cancle my order.[/b]

whats next guys??????
we gonna start bashing the weather man?????,...i mean heck,........he's wrong sometimes.

[/b][/quote]

I think your being a bit to protective of D&D. After all...they are advertising themselves as an aftermarket sled shop. They do have a website with prices and products. They do take your order if you call. And nobody bitches when people post raving reviews about them and their products. You have to take the good with the bad, it is part of business. If this guy would have stuck with his order....it would end up being a minimum of 2 months to get his stuff. Hell....the season is at best 4 months long.

What I do agree with is that the "sucks" part probably isn't very good taste and they don't deserve that.

While I do understand that these shops need to run a just-in-time mfg operations to survive, it does seem that D&D has some problems that they should look at. 2-3 month lead times is way too long for a sport that has such limited riding time.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cc-rider @ Jan 15 2007, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 15 2007, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats next guys??????

[/b][/quote]

I think your being a bit to protective of D&D. After all...they are advertising themselves as an aftermarket sled shop. They do have a website with prices and products. They do take your order if you call. And nobody bitches when people post raving reviews about them and their products. You have to take the good with the bad, it is part of business. If this guy would have stuck with his order....it would end up being a minimum of 2 months to get his stuff. Hell....the season is at best 4 months long.

What I do agree with is that the "sucks" part probably isn't very good taste and they don't deserve that.

While I do understand that these shops need to run a just-in-time mfg operations to survive, it does seem that D&D has some problems that they should look at. 2-3 month lead times is way too long for a sport that has such limited riding time.
[/b][/quote]

im not protecting anybody,.......there is a matter of right and wrong way of doing things.

as for the time thing,.....well then i guess he should have ordered them sooner......

i think this is getting close to getting out of hand guys,...........
so if it just disappears,.....you'll all know why.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
How about we change the title to "Frustrated with D&D" versus "D&D sucks" ... the point is still made & people will still read it. No, we're not protecting D&D from anything ... but I think it's a pretty bad way of trying to get your point across (sponsor or not).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Jan 15 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How about we change the title to "Frustrated with D&D" versus "D&D sucks" ... the point is still made & people will still read it. No, we're not protecting D&D from anything ... but I think it's a pretty bad way of trying to get your point across (sponsor or not).[/b]

Chris how do i change the title?

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
You can just edit your original topic. Go to the first post you made in the thread and it should allow you. If it doesn't work, just let one of us mods know and we'd be happy to do it for you thumbguy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Jan 15 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can just edit your original topic. Go to the first post you made in the thread and it should allow you. If it doesn't work, just let one of us mods know and we'd be happy to do it for you thumbguy[/b]

Thank you for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
MoparF7, if you ever have a problem getting in touch with D&D, shoot hallnracing (Glenn Hall) a pm here on a-chat, he's helped many people out & would be more than happy to do so for you too. Sometimes D&D gets backed up, as I'm sure they are now with all of the 07 aftermarket parts they are trying to get out the door. Glenn has always been a big help to me!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 15 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

whats next guys??????

[/b][/quote]

They are wrong! Nobody can deny this. But your right I could have titiled this post something else, i just got off the phone(at the time) with them and was frustrated to say the least. It's not the end of the world but i can't think of any business transaction were this would be tolerated.

Oh and by the way if i signed the weather mans checks he would be fired

1 - 20 of 27 Posts