Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my quad in after suspecting something was wrong with the front end. It would knock when put in 4WD. I suspected it was something in the front dif but the dealer said it is the u-joints. I would think that is a little premature with only 700 miles on the machine. Will have to wait and see if they are going to check the front dif too. The front dif will not lock up as well. Dealer had to order the u-joints and the retaining clips. I will also wait and see if this will be warranty or not.

Mitch

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
An 07 with 700 miles, its under warranty no matter what it is.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I have over 1800 miles on my '05 500, I find it hard to believe they are gone already, mine are not shot and I ride hard most of the time...

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I lost my front UJoint at about 400 miles or so on my V2. I was backing up a hill in 4WD in the woods (very awkward position to be in) and it bound up and blew apart. When it went out, it damaged the clutch cover, starter, and driveshaft! Got it home and it was covered under warranty.

Here's one thing my dealer did to help me though. At first Cat Care said "No, it's a maintenance part", but then my dealer shot back with "If it was a maintenance part, then why isn't there a zirk on it to maintain the grease level?". They agreed, and covered everything.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Apr 14 2007, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I took my quad in after suspecting something was wrong with the front end. It would knock when put in 4WD. I suspected it was something in the front dif but the dealer said it is the u-joints. I would think that is a little premature with only 700 miles on the machine. Will have to wait and see if they are going to check the front dif too. The front dif will not lock up as well. Dealer had to order the u-joints and the retaining clips. I will also wait and see if this will be warranty or not.

Mitch[/b]
One thing I noticed when I got my 700 home, is that for some reason Suzuki ran the front output shaft out the right side of the block. I dunno That puts the the drive shaft at a very sharp angle to the diff. In my opinion with that sharp angle they should have used constant velocity joints, not universal joints.

On my 400 and 500 machines the front output shaft comes out the center of the block. Having an angled driveshaft on the 700 is a step backwards for sure.

Thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye on mine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
At least yours made it that far...Mine were gone at 300 miles! I have to say it was well deserved for me tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts