Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if their is a cross over joint from napa or other parts store for my 2014 500? Finally figured out what my rattling was in the front end. Joint had no up/down play but lots of side to side play... never seen one wear like that

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
I know on older models precision 391 and/392 worked and were greasable. You have to use the stock cat c-clips as the precision ones are too thick.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thats what im hearing.. Good to know about the clips as i would have just let em fly... If they are still in their the cups seem a little far out

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM u joint removal tool...lol.. sacrificed a few sockets and clamp. Going to weld a nut on the end for the impact... tightened up gave it a smack with the hammer and pop came right out... took longer to get the joint in the right position to get it out then it did to make the tool and pop the caps...

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is their a trick to getting it back in with a grease nipple on it? From taking it out does not look like their will be enough room with it on

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Unscrew the grease nipple.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then it looked like their would not be enough to screw it back in when its assembled..LOL guess ill see when it gets here.. Expensive little bugger i could get one for my chev cheaper.. Maby the one i ordered will have the fitting in the cup instead of the joint

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a neapco ujoint pn 1-0028. Grease fitting is in the cap and was able to use the c clips supplied they were the same as the cat clips...

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Pics?

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Of what a ujoint? I figured u knew what those looked like...lol

You know the drill. Pics or it never happened :)

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha.... sure sure... just old age kicking in and you forgot.. Thats ok i know the feeling. I sent one of the c clips down then spent 10 min looking for it as i forgot where i put it..

Cant believe the markup on this stuff. Was quoted $44 when i ordered it when i went to pick it up i got my discount and it was $18

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
2 Participants
zrock
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing