Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pick up on the racks on either side of my front end it clicks. I had a friend pick it up and I watched and it happens when the shocks fully extend. Are the front shocks bad? They still appear to function fine they just click constantly when I am riding and they flex. My thoughts are that when I trailer it I have to compress the front end down with the ratchet straps and they have become damaged somehow?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Check your shock bushings. If they are worn, look up Sanny651 on here for a set of his. THey are far superior to stock.

·
Registered
27 Posts
have you checked your shock bushings, I had to replace one lower one due to it being 'eaten'. no rubber left, just a steel sleeve.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
contact sanny651 on here or ebay for the fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. It's great that knowledgeable people on here can give you that kind of direction without even having to be here in person. I will go out and check the bushings after work tomorrow and send sanny651 a pm.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
hey cabldawg thats the kind of riding i do alot in that pic in your sig. how come your on the honda line to the right instead of the AC line on the left?

·
Registered
504 Posts
The guy behind me on the Kodiak had no rear brakes, and it was his first time at Windrock. I told him to follow me so he didn't get into something he couldn't handle. He hasn't been riding for very long.

That was actually a bad off camber drop there. You see I'm standing on my left floor board so she didn't go over to the right. My worn out shocks were not helping me at all on this trip. New shocks & springs are on order!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
i was just messin with ya, but i do see the hole behind ya now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts