Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I so I was messin around with the sled .... 10-20 inch on the way for twin cities... whoo-hoo !!
Any how I was looking at the front shocks and there is a black plastic sleave on the top .. looks like I should just be able to turn thats to adjust ???? well I tryed and tryed now my hands really hurt .. with no luck .... any ideas ? am I missing somthing ?

·
Registered
754 Posts
try a spanner wrench....mine turn by hand....and yea you can put more pre load on the spring by tightening it...we got about 3-4 last night here and there predicting somewhere around 18-24 by the time it's all done

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it looks like they are turned to far down ... 2 much pre load on the springs ... ?? Seems to ride fine but I just got this sled and need 2 set up for my style of ride.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STILL NO LUCK ON GETTING THEM 2 MOVE.. I really dont want to get on there with a pair of pliers and break the plastic.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well out here in MN the trails get pretty beat up lots of woops and bumps. I would like to find a good balance by playing around with the sping pre-load, and it looks as if they are cranked down - lots of thread showing on the top shock. I did put in the air a few times and it landed super nice .. but if its adjustable I want to be able to do so.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just to forewarn everyone on these type of shocks there the same style as our asa late model shocks (adjusting wise) keep them oiled or they will do exactly what your having trouble with. Every time we serviced ours we sprayed them around the threads with some wd-40 on these CCE sleds the adjustment is very fine and it starts to eat away at the threads. So if you havent had your shocks serviced or dabbed some oil on those threads in a year and go to turn on them usally what happens... mine spin by hand till i really start to put some pre load on them thats normal but the more pressure you take off the front end the farther they turn down easier. Hopes this helps everyone :p this is definitely preventive maintenance if you are adjusting on them a lot!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did spray them down with some penatrating oil .. but then it snowed and I forgot all about it .. LOL .. I guess it will have to wait till summer, I plan on taking the hole front end apart 2 re-paint and service the front shcoks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts