Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'M HAVING MORE PROBLEMS WITH MY FRONT SEALS LEAKING ( THE DIFF. SEALS FOR THE AXLES ).
I HAVE REPLACED THEM 4 OR 5 TIMES AND THE DRIVESHAFT SEAL ARE STARTING TO LEAK TOO. AND TODAY I SAW THAT THEY ARE STARTING TO DRIP. DOES ANYBODY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SEALS LEAKING.

2006 ARITIC CAT 500 4 X 4 MANUAL
28" EDL
HMF EXHAUST
HIGHLITFER CLUTCH KIT
RELOC. RADIATOR

·
Registered
300 Posts
make sure your axles are very clean before installing, make sure the seal fits tight.
other than that i would think you have your diff overfull. it makes a big difference. you could also try snorkling your diff vent instead of having those boots on them. it may be causing too much pressure to build up and pushes the oil out. good luck

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Mine started to finally leak at 2600 miles, So I checked the diff fluid level it was too full water had gotten in there and overfilled it. I drained it out put new in, so far so good

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Well, my local Gander had 11 of these seals on hand in their parts warehouse. they don't carry many parts in house, so that should tell ya something. There are two things you need to do to help keep your seals good. Make sure you don't overfill your diffy and clean that area well after riding. If you get weeds and such around them, they can wear a lot faster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Replaced seals 4 or 5 times already?

1) When you replaced were they bad? Was there grit, sand, debris and rough edges on seal?
2) Did you replace and install correctly?

That sounds excessive. Something does not sound right..

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
akarpf i had the same issue with mine when i bought it they ended up having to replace the whole front diff case and all that was the only thing that fixed my problem not saying that thats what you need to do but just make sure the surface has no defects

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THE FIRST COUPLE OF TIMES THE DEALER FIXED THEM . I PICKED UP MY BIKE AND I PARKED IT AND TWO DAYS LATER I RODE MY BIKE AROUND MY HOUSE AND I PARKED IT . ( DID NOT GO IN THE MUD ) AND IT STARTED LEAKING AGAIN. SO I STARTED TO REPLACE THEM MYSELF AND THE SEAL STARTED TO LAST LONGER .

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
mine was leaking that easily as well actually one time i picked it up from the dealer for that reason and i drove it onto the trailer when i got home i took it out of the trailer took a look at it and all was well. later that day i took it out again because i needed my trailer and still it was fine but when i went to put it back in the trailer it was leaking again. and i didnt even use it. mine was on the passenger side but if your still under warranty have it looked at you should be blowing that many seals. ive been having trouble with my front end since i bought the machine last year new. and it still acts up but the dealer cant figure it out. well good luck hope you get it all figured out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ARCTIC CAT WILL NOT WARRANTY SEALS. MY DEALER HAS TRIED EACH TIME AND ARCTIC CAT SAYS NO. I'M GOING TO SEE ABOUT GETTING THEM TO GET ME FOUR NEW AXLES AND SEE ABOUT A NEW DIFF TOO AND SEE ABOUT GETTING THE AXLES AND DIFF UNDER WARRANTY TOO.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
my dealer fixed mine every time under warranty, and then they replaced the axle on that side that didnt work and then they decided to just replace everything. i would hit up another dealer see if they can get it done for you or call cat yourself explain that youve had nothing but trouble since day one make it a real sob story and see were it gets you.or like you said have your dealer see if there is a way to tear into it and see if there are any defects. i dealt with this issue for quite a while it was in and out of the shop every other week or so for the first 6 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts