Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a TRV 650 H1 2007 and when I flip the front locking handle to the lock position in 4 x 4 mode, it displays "lock" on the LCD display but it goes on and off(Flashing) on the display. Do anybody as this problem on there atv and how do we fix this. The dealer told me I am not the first one with this problem but he does not know how to fix it yet. bang your head

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a 2007 700EFI that does this from time to time. There is an adjustment area on the cable that leads from the locker switch. It will be covered by a couple of rubber sleeves and is located under the speedo pod. It will take a 8mm wrench to make the adjustment. Even though the lock light goes on and off, the differential is locked. When I lock mine and the light goes off sporadically, I can still tell when all wheels are pulling because you can barely steer the thing. There may be an issue with the sensor that moniters the lock/unlock position at the differential case. I was a little concerned in the beginning, but it is only a formality. I would'nt worry too much about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There must be a way to fix this. Even if "lock" does not show from time to time and that the wheel are lock anyway, still it is a problem when you pay an atv $12500 Can. This "lock" on LCD should show all the time when engaged.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did you try the adjustment I told you about? I read another forum that an actual Arctic Cat tech said that they come from the factory a little on the loose side sometimes. Get an 8mm wrench and make the adjustment. Also, if the dealer does not know he should call someone at Arctic Cat who knows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is how to adjust the front differential lock cable as of the service manual.

1- With the differential lock selector in the UNLOCK position, slide the rubber protector sleeve off the cable near the differential lock selector; then loosen the jam nut and turn the cable adjuster to achieve 6.35 mm (0.250 in.) free-travel measured at the end of the differential lock selector handle.

2- Select the 2WD position on the front drive selector switch; then turn the ignition switch to the ON position and select the LOCK position on the differential lock selector. The front drive actuator should operate engaging four-wheel drive.

NOTE : It may be necessary to turn the handlebar or to rock the ATV forward and backward to align the differential lock splines and allow engagement.

3- Return the differential lock selector to the UNLOCK position and listen for the front drive actuator to operate.

4- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Tighten the jam nut securely; then install the protector sleeve on the adjuster assembly. :super_happy:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
FYI If you are not moving it displays "LOCKED" When you start moving it flashes "LOCKED". At least on my 2006 650H1. The front stays locked until you flip the lever back and move just a few feet. I've got 1300 plus miles and never had to adjust the cable. Guess I'm a lucky one. No wait I did have to replace the Head gasket at 500 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts