Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a stud rip out and gouge the front heat exchanger. The dealer tells me that the front heat exchanger on my 99 ZR600 is part of the chassis and there is not a part number for it. Are there coils inside the front heat exchanger??? Or is it just an aluminum box? I aluminum welded it on the fins and got it to stop leaking on the track side, however I'm pretty sure it still leaks into the belly pan (hence the coil question). I don't want to replace the chassis on a sled I just bought and rode for the 2nd time. Could I cut the heat exchanger out and fabricate a different one in? I've even entertained thoughts about bypassing it and adding a couple of rails on the tunnel? I could use some guidance. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Had the same thing happen to a 98 ZR500. The front exchanger is part of the bulkhead. I also tried welding and finally parted out the sled. Probibly not what you want to hear, but is the truth.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yea your going to need a bulkhead im looking at a 2004 zr9 right now with a blown exchanger only difference is he toasted the motor then rebuilt the motor, and welded the exchanger and the weld didnt hold so hopefully i can pick it up as a summer project... goodluck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts