Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 X-fire 6 Std. so far with 200 miles on it. The only problems I had are the bolt holding the sway arm on the passenger side was loose causing a noise since the sway bay would rotate in the bracket. After tightening the bracket the whole front end now makes a noise when compressing the suspension and making the sway bar rotate. Looking at this it looks like I need to pull the sway bar and lubricate the bushings or replace if bad. I am wondering if anybody else has had this type of problem, and if pulling the sway bar is relatively simple. Overall I am very happy with the sled’s performance on the trails but am waiting to see how well it does in deeper snow since I have road it in only about 12” to 18” of snow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
To pull sway bar remove bolts connecting to a-arm, then remove 1/2" bolts on one side of sway bar. You have to take the bolts completly out, they hold the bar in place. Go to other side and pull bar out. The bushing the bar rides in are only plastic. I would then check to see if you still have the noise in the front end with the bar out, may have other issue other than sway bar. Hopes this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts