Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
On my 650 V2 on dry pavement it handles "squirelly" It seems to want to pull / drift to the right, and doesnt turn well in slow sharp turns. I know this thing is an ark, but it acts like the alignment's out. Almost like too much toe-out, and I would assume the setting would be for toe-in. Does anyone know what the spec is for the alignment?

Also are these 650 V2 (2004) just not good handling rigs on dry pavement? I dont ride on pavement alot but when I need to be on a road to get to the connector trail it steers bad and does pull / drift to the right. Would the Swaybar install help this? How critical is the alignment?

Looking at it straight on w/ the handlebars straight, it looks ok, but possibly a bit toe'd out on the right. Thanks for the help, :thumbsup:

P.S All the tire pressures are set at 5psi w/ the Cat gauge in the tool kit, and my own low press gauge to double check.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I had the same issues as you, although I didn't notice it until I put my swamplites on. I then adjusted my front end alignment and what a diff. it makes! I can't say for sure, but I believe the spec is something close to 1/4in. toe in total; meaning, 1/8in. toe in per side. I went with nearly 0in. toe, to slightly toe in and it got rid of all my problems. Much better!!! I found it much easier to adjust the toe by putting my stock wheels and tires back on, because the side lugs on my swamplites.

Give me...us.. a shout if you need further info. We'll be glad to provide assistance.

Adjust the toe, you won't be dissappointed.
hos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts