Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..its long, but here it goes..
i changed the gear oil in the front and rear diffs last summer and filled with amsoil fluid. drove couple hundred miles and never had a problem. when winter came, it sat in the garage, but i started it every weekend that i went upstate and i drove it around a little to get things moving. so, the last weekend of the season, i went up and saw gear fluid on the floor under the front and rear diffs. i checked the level and the back was fine...front was a little low, so i topped off. kinda funny because they werent overfilled when i changed it. anyway, I went on the poker run on saturday, and when i stopped at one of the stops, couple drops of gear oil from the rear was driping on the ground...no big deal, kept going. At the end, i went through a mud hole, had it in 4 wheel and locked...go stuck coming out, stood on front rack and pulled out...friend with a popo didnt even come close to making it :lol:
anyway, i came out, unlocked her and put her in 2 wheel....drove fine, until i was in 3rd gear (high) making a right turn heading to our last stop...i started to turn when i heard a HUGEEEE boom come from the front end. stopped, checked her out to see nothing wrong.....took off and took it easy...was fine then did it again on a right turn....when i got to the stop, i checked the front and gear oil was POURING out from underneath.
i went inside, came back out and put it in 4 wheel and the front is whining, because its empty...havent had it make that loud boom again, but im pretty sure the front diff is cracked now. i think all the rear has is a leaking seal.
it was just funny how they were fine one weekend than the next they were leaking.

any suggestions?
didnt get to really look at it, but gonna bring to dealer...hope warranty helps

sorry for long post

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good luck with the repairs, hope you get her fixed up soon so you don't miss too much riding.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea tell me about it....but we might be getting a new one soon anyway for my dad....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts